Unique Gifts for Gardeners They Will Love
We started our Celtic Farm Gardening Gift Store because the “gifts for gardeners” selection online was limited, of low quality and similar across sites. In running our small flower farm, we needed quality tools, quality garden apparel, and quality options for spreading our love of gardening…essentially, a great set of stuff for us, and gardening gifts to spread the love.
As we expand our offerings, and take feedback from our great customers, our goal is to get better and better, and provide you with a broad set of options for both women and men gardeners.
Here is a quick list of some new and old gardening gifts that are amazingly popular:
- The Apron – about 18 months ago, we worked with a handful of manufacturers to test samples of garden aprons. This was our second product idea, and we wanted a durable, fashionable apron that was functional for the gardener or florist. Since then, we have sold thousands of these great aprons, with an amazing string of 5 star reviews. This is a great gardening gift for any gardener, and an amazing “tool” in the garden.
- The Journal – I wanted a better way of keeping my notes, plotting my dreams and future endeavors on the farm and for our property. The spiral notebook does little to inspire, and gives me flashbacks to school. We worked hard to find the best quality, flexible journal system that was in market, and now offer our Gardening Journal. With three types of paper, and endless expansion capability, it is already a winner on our site. A great and unique gardening gift any gardener will cherish.
- The Gardner’s Tool Belt – Here in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, it gets just plain hot in the summer. No, I mean like hot hot. Wearing an apron while sweating profusely during chores just doesn’t cut it. So we created a “Bat Belt” for the gardener. A small gardener’s tool belt, that is lightweight, waterproof, and has enough storage for your primary tools. Our Garden Tool Belt is a sure winner as a gift for any gardener.
- The Garden Tool Set – “Most gardener’s already have tools.” Investing in a nice set of tools is rarely something a gardener will do for themselves. They’ll use that cheap plastic handled trowel, or that cultivator they picked up on sale at the hardware store that has a loose head. A great gardening gift is a nice set of hardwood and stainless tools. You can view our gardener’s hand tool set here: Celtic Farm Garden Tools
This is just a short list of great gifts for gardeners. Take a peek at our store to see more. Gifts for Gardners at the Celtic Farm
What Holidays do You Give Your Favorite Gardener a Gift?
First off, let’s get something straight: Any time is the right time to give a gardener a gift!! We are loving, accepting people with an affinity for fun stuff. But seriously, I asked myself a question the other day during the Mother’s day gift run, and thought about what days/occasions are perfect for garden gift giving. So, here is a list:
New Years – what better way to start off the year in anticipation of a whole new gardening season in spring. Great garden gifts here: Hori Hori, tool maintenance kit, new garden tool set, garden scissors, etc.
Groundhog Day – Not your traditional, but a cute idea to give your favorite gardener a gift on this day.
Valentine’s Day – What better day to adorn your sweetheart than with a gardening gift they will cherish for years.
St. Patrick’s Day – in our Celtic tradition, the green holiday is perfect for garden themed gift giving.
Easter – Our favorite holiday, the harbinger of spring blooms, is a time to celebrate all that is beautiful in the garden.
Mother’s Day – if your Mom loves gardening, then gift giving on this special day should always include a garden gift.
Earth Day – need we say more. Sustainable, earth loving gardening gifts are always a big hit on this day, even if it is just a small thought.
Father’s Day – What father wouldn’t love a Hori Hori Garden Knife? There are a ton of great gardening gifts for men that will please any father on this day.
July 4th – going to a party on the 4th? A gardening gift is great for any host or hostess, and can bring great joy on this occasion.
Halloween – Pumpkins, gourds and others are the harbingers of fall. And fall bulb planting gifts, like a dibber/dibble, can be a great gardening gift.
Thanksgiving – By thanksgiving, gardeners are in planning mode for winter and spring, and a journal or planner is a great gift for gardeners.
Christmas – Garden gifts bring light to the dark ages of winter, and stocking stuffers are a great way to bring a smile to any gardener.
Ok, I’ll admit, I love new garden tools, and I recently ordered a watering lance for certain areas on the farm that aren’t yet on irrigation. This one is a winner, and its fun and functional.
Garden Watering Challenges
We have a fairly diverse garden and planting area with all types of soil, density and coverage. With an array of pot sizes and planting strategies, watering with just the hose tip or a store bought nozzle can be challenging. With the water lance, reaching all the plants in a particular planting area is a breeze. The one I purchased is right around 3 feet long, so it extends my watering radius to get to those hard to reach planting areas.
You can also control the flow rate with the valve, so you don’t flush out those seedlings or small plants in pots or trays.
My only challenge with the one I purchased is that the valve is cheap plastic. I think I will head to Home Depot and upscale my valve setup and all should be good. So in a nutshell, any serious gardener would love a water lance as a garden gift, or self-gift. Here is a summary of the benefits:
- Extend your reach for wide beds or planting areas
- Control the flow with the valve
- Acts as an endless watering can
- Soothing and stress releasing while in use 😉
A Quick Guide to Finding That Unique Gardening Gift
First off, what does unique mean to you? Is it that handmade garden dibble set, or a Japanese Hori Hori Garden Knife? Maybe it’s a lovely garden gift box? Read on for some tips on finding the best unique garden gift for the gardener in. your life.
Our Garden Shop contains a wide variety of unique quality gifts for the gardener. We pride ourselves in only choosing the best unique items, and pick from those we use on a daily basis on our farm and in our gardening chores. These unique garden gift ideas will please even the most discerning gardener.
So, what makes the best gift for a gardener? How do you get gift ideas for that friend or relative that has a passion and love for growing? Here are some ideas on how to find the perfect gardening gift through some questions:
- Does the person appreciate unique gardening gifts?
- What do other gardeners or farmers use and enjoy?
- What can make the hard garden tasks easier or simplified?
- Is there a tool that can make a gardener more productive?
- What do experienced gardeners/farmers use in their gardens that are unique and special?
- Are there specific gifts for female gardeners?
- Are gifts for male gardeners different?
- After a long hard day in the garden, what would be enjoyable?
- Are you looking for a gardening gift for dad?
- Are you looking for a gardening gift for mom?
Where do you start? Enter our shop to see our choices for the best gifts for gardeners based on the questions above.
Our Charcuterie Collection
See our selection of unique, high quality garden gifts that are tested and used on our flower farm at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains in California.
She loves to garden, and you want to find that perfect, unique gsrdening gift. Here are some of our best choices in the “gardening gifts for women” section of our store.
The garden is where he is happiest, and you want to find that perfect gift. See our “gardening gifts for men” section to find that perfect, unique garden gift for him.
Gardening tools make the best garden gifts, but you want to make sure you are buying high quality tools. Our Hori Hori Garden knives and stainless tool sets are our most popular and unique garden gifts, and part of our hand-picked collectiom
Want to give a unique and special gift to your favorite gardener? Just looking for a new toy in the garden that’s unique and cool? We have a great selection of quality, special gardener gifts sure to get noticed and let you step out of the same old garden gift ideas.
Hopefully this gives you a broad idea of the types of unique gardening items that would make the best present for a gardener in your life, or for you. You can find more information and more gift giving ideas for the garden in our shop and on our site.