Unique Garden Gifts – The Guide
Cool and Unique Gifts for the Gardener
With the holidays fast approaching, and the rush to find those special, cool and unique gifts, how can you find that special gift for the gardener in your life? To find that standout gardening gift, there are a couple of recommendations.
Cool Garden Gifts: Where to Shop
The gardening gift market is plagued with low quality, plastic goods that barely last a season. You can find high quality gardening gifts made of stainless steel, wood and copper, you just have to look. Here are some quick tips:
- Support Small Gardening Businesses – there are a ton of small, specialized gardening shops online that are run by gardeners and farmers, and usually sell what they use and recommend. Not the big gift stores that just buy in bulk and push their wares.
- Buy From Those That Do – would you buy a car from an appliance dealer? ;). Gardeners know what gardeners need and love, and you can find those unique and useful gardening gifts by doing some research and finding a niche store that fits your gardener’s style.
- Ask Questions and Look for Gardening FAQs – it is my favorite thing, and I just love chatting via email or on Instagram on our unique and cool gifts. Ask questions when you find a store you like, and get recommendations for the type of gardener you are buying for. You will get some cool gift recommendations and save some time.
Now that you have some basic hunting details for that special garden gift, now let’s talk about the type of gardener that is your unique gift target. Here is how I classify gardeners:
- The Serious Gardener – not afraid to get dirt under their nails. They use any garden weapon or tool. Plants relentlessly, and constantly change their landscape. Will go at it with or without gloves. This gardener will love anything gardening related, but will especially love garden tool sets, the Hori Hori or a gardening apron.
- The Casual Gardener – loves the outdoors and gardening. Lives for the stress free feel of the garden. Has others do the heavy labor, but does get dirty on occasion (my wife ;)). Occasionally plants and pots, content with pruning roses and doing light work. So any item that makes her/his gardening experience more pleasurable would be a great gift. Try stainless garden scissors, a great garden gift for the casual gardener. Would love one of our gardening gift boxes.
- The Flower/Vegetable Lover – hands off with the exception of cutting flowers or grabbing vegetables in the garden. Not a dirt lover like the serious gardener, but has a passion for the beauty and variety of plants. Garden snips or a gardening apron to protect clothing would be a great gift for this type. Mostly this unique gardener has an affinity for flower gardening, but also loves farm to table.
So, with all this info on finding that unique gardening gift, hopefully you can take our suggestions and be successful. Here are some links to our unique garden gift collections for men, women and general gardeners.
Trackback from your site.