Unique Gifts for Gardeners They Will Love
We started our Celtic Farm Gardening Gift Store because the “gifts for gardeners” selection online was limited, of low quality and similar across sites. In running our small flower farm, we needed quality tools, quality garden apparel, and quality options for spreading our love of gardening…essentially, a great set of stuff for us, and gardening gifts to spread the love.
As we expand our offerings, and take feedback from our great customers, our goal is to get better and better, and provide you with a broad set of options for both women and men gardeners.
Here is a quick list of some new and old gardening gifts that are amazingly popular:
- The Apron – about 18 months ago, we worked with a handful of manufacturers to test samples of garden aprons. This was our second product idea, and we wanted a durable, fashionable apron that was functional for the gardener or florist. Since then, we have sold thousands of these great aprons, with an amazing string of 5 star reviews. This is a great gardening gift for any gardener, and an amazing “tool” in the garden.
- The Journal – I wanted a better way of keeping my notes, plotting my dreams and future endeavors on the farm and for our property. The spiral notebook does little to inspire, and gives me flashbacks to school. We worked hard to find the best quality, flexible journal system that was in market, and now offer our Gardening Journal. With three types of paper, and endless expansion capability, it is already a winner on our site. A great and unique gardening gift any gardener will cherish.
- The Gardner’s Tool Belt – Here in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, it gets just plain hot in the summer. No, I mean like hot hot. Wearing an apron while sweating profusely during chores just doesn’t cut it. So we created a “Bat Belt” for the gardener. A small gardener’s tool belt, that is lightweight, waterproof, and has enough storage for your primary tools. Our Garden Tool Belt is a sure winner as a gift for any gardener.
- The Garden Tool Set – “Most gardener’s already have tools.” Investing in a nice set of tools is rarely something a gardener will do for themselves. They’ll use that cheap plastic handled trowel, or that cultivator they picked up on sale at the hardware store that has a loose head. A great gardening gift is a nice set of hardwood and stainless tools. You can view our gardener’s hand tool set here: Celtic Farm Garden Tools
This is just a short list of great gifts for gardeners. Take a peek at our store to see more. Gifts for Gardners at the Celtic Farm
Choosing the Father’s Day Garden Gift
If Dad spends his time in the garden, then there is no better way to put a smile on his face than to give him a Father’s Day Gardening Gift. Here is a quick list of gardening gifts for men that any father would love:
The Hori Hori Garden Knife – nothing screams Dad more than a large blade at the hip. No really, this garden tool is amazing, and is the “Swiss Army Knife” of garden tools. You can cut, saw, dig, plant, weed and measure, and these are just a few of the chores it can perform with little skill. This is one of the most popular items in our store on a consistent basis, and gets fantastic reviews. Highly recommended. Buy Our Hori Hori.
The Dibber – okay, not as cool as the Hori Hori, but if your Dad appreciates woodwork, then this is your gift. These are handmade tools that can be handed down to family. These heirloom seed planting tools are a must for any gardening purist. They have been used for centuries to create holes for seeds and bulbs, and these tools area a must for any father that plants consistently. See Our Seed and Bulb Dibblers
A Quality Garden Tool Set – an awesome Father’s Day Gift for any Dad, you have to ask yourself: Isn’t it time Dad had a nice set of garden tools? We recommend a wood and stainless set that will resist the elements and provide a pleasurable gardening experience for any father. Celtic’s Garden Tool Set
Quality Garden Shears – If Dad likes his garden neat, then a quality pair of garden shears are a great gift. Having lightweight, strong and sharp shears are key to plant health, and ease of use. Our Quality Garden Shear
Copper Garden Markers – ok, what is cooler than copper markers to keep track of what you plant and grow. Make sure you buy 10″, with galvanized metal stakes to make sure they last and resist rust. See our Copper Garden Markers
Garden Kneeler – if old pops has bad knees, or kneels for long periods out in the garden, then this is a great tool. I use mine for gardening, household chores, working on the tractor, and any time I need to kneel out on the farm.
You can buy any of these in our garden shop. See our Father’s Day Gardening Gifts.
Father’s Day Gardening Gifts
What Holidays do You Give Your Favorite Gardener a Gift?
First off, let’s get something straight: Any time is the right time to give a gardener a gift!! We are loving, accepting people with an affinity for fun stuff. But seriously, I asked myself a question the other day during the Mother’s day gift run, and thought about what days/occasions are perfect for garden gift giving. So, here is a list:
New Years – what better way to start off the year in anticipation of a whole new gardening season in spring. Great garden gifts here: Hori Hori, tool maintenance kit, new garden tool set, garden scissors, etc.
Groundhog Day – Not your traditional, but a cute idea to give your favorite gardener a gift on this day.
Valentine’s Day – What better day to adorn your sweetheart than with a gardening gift they will cherish for years.
St. Patrick’s Day – in our Celtic tradition, the green holiday is perfect for garden themed gift giving.
Easter – Our favorite holiday, the harbinger of spring blooms, is a time to celebrate all that is beautiful in the garden.
Mother’s Day – if your Mom loves gardening, then gift giving on this special day should always include a garden gift.
Earth Day – need we say more. Sustainable, earth loving gardening gifts are always a big hit on this day, even if it is just a small thought.
Father’s Day – What father wouldn’t love a Hori Hori Garden Knife? There are a ton of great gardening gifts for men that will please any father on this day.
July 4th – going to a party on the 4th? A gardening gift is great for any host or hostess, and can bring great joy on this occasion.
Halloween – Pumpkins, gourds and others are the harbingers of fall. And fall bulb planting gifts, like a dibber/dibble, can be a great gardening gift.
Thanksgiving – By thanksgiving, gardeners are in planning mode for winter and spring, and a journal or planner is a great gift for gardeners.
Christmas – Garden gifts bring light to the dark ages of winter, and stocking stuffers are a great way to bring a smile to any gardener.
Call Them Garden Scissors, Secateurs or Snips
Ok, I have to admit, when I first used them out in our fields, I felt kind of funny. It’s like bringing a steak knife out to do cut lavender, right? Were they really up to the demands of the flower farm? We decided to evaluate a bunch of different garden scissors to find a set of these so called garden secateurs to see which ones we would put in our gardening tools section of our store. We used them to snip, cut, and prune. We ended up with a stainless steel garden snip that had a smooth action, was light and had nice small handles. Why stainless? Other garden scissors we tested (the black metal ones), rusted when they got wet, and became stiff, and did not fare well in the garden and farm environment. We love these scissors, for the following reasons:
- They are beautiful. You have to look stylish when out and about 😉
- The scissors are easy to hold and manipulate. When out in the fields, you need to be able to maneuver and snip at odd angles.
- They are light. If you spend hours in the garden clipping, your hands can get tired from using the wrong, heavy garden pruners.
- They remain sharp. Stainless steel scissors don’t rust and remain sharp even after snipping flower after flower, or stem after stem.
- They fit perfectly in our apron. What good are garden pruner/snips if you can’t have them with you all the time. They fit perfectly in our garden apron.
Check out these great snips for yourself or a garden gift recipient and enjoy them today. You can read more about our garden tool sets here: Garden Tools and Gardening Tool Sets. You can also read more here: Garden Tools
Read more about the best gardening tools and gifts here on our site or in our shop.
How To Get the Most Out of Your Hori Hori Tool
As I work on the farm and garden daily, I don’t go anywhere without my Hori Hori Knife and Tool. I find new uses for my this Japanese Gardener’s Tool every day. I carry it every where I go, and like to have it handy for all types of chores, and it saves me trips back to the garden shed. Either on my gardener’s belt or in my gardener’s/florists apron, it is always ready for action or any chore I can sum up. There are many known uses, but I thought I would create a list of expanded uses for this great garden tool i have found over the years:
- As its namesake describes, it is great for digging with its concave Hori Hori Samurai-like blade.
- It can be used as a quick soil aerating tool to get oxygen to a plants roots and surrounding soil.
- The Hori Hori blade is great for getting weeds at their roots, and with a flick of the wrist can get them root and all.
- The serrated blade is great for cutting through stubborn roots, and root balls.
- The Hori Hori works quite well as a pruning device for small branches or as a small saw for larger branches.
- It works great as a marker stake, and with a hole in the handle, and some string, it makes garden marking easy. You can also use it for planting rows as a line reference.
- I use it as a propagation tool to cut through large root balls and separate.
- The Hori Hori Knife edge cuts through landscape fabric quite well and makes cutting X’s simple.
- Opening bags of soil and amendments can be done quickly with the sharp Hori blade
- The sharp blade can help in harvesting flowers or vegetables.
- It’s great for cutting through irrigation tubing
No matter your use, buy the Best Hori Hori you possible can and use it throughout the garden or farm to make your chores a breeze. Just be careful! The blade is sharp!